Thursday, January 23, 2014

SLOG-Week Three

During week three, I have gained some programing experiences from learning inheritance and exception. So, what is inheritance all about? It is part of object-oriented programming (OOP) languages that allows a subclass to have all the properties from its superclass. Here is the question, “Why is inheritance so importance in writing programs.” It is importance because it lets the programmer to reuse methods from superclass without duplicating the same code in subclass again and again. Also, the property of inheritance gives a programmer an opportunity to extend the superclass method, so the programmer does not need to write an new method in the subclass, instead, just extend what the superclass’ method does.

When running a program, it is not surprise to see a runtime error. Whenever this happen, the program creates an exception object. It is helpful because it tells the user what rule he/she violates. If exception does not exist, user of the program will never know what they did wrong.

In week three, I got a chance to practice both inheritance and exception during the lab. Although my partner and I finished the queue program, we cannot figure out why our queue.py took so much time to complete the timequeue.py test. However, I will not give up and will try to think of someway to improve the queue.py code.

Feel free to leave a comment with your respond or question. I will reply every comment I can!



No comments:

Post a Comment